Song Hotels Sydney is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we use the personal and organisational information you provide to us in order for us to provide you with our services. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What is the Privacy Legislation?
In Australia, the main piece of legislation governing privacy is the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. This Act requires organisations to comply with 13 Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) which regulate the way in which private sector organisations collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. The APPs also give individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds about them and to correct that information if it is out of date or otherwise inaccurate.
Song Hotels Sydney’s Commitment
Song Hotels Sydney is committed to protecting your privacy. This includes ensuring that:
- all information collected from you is required for the purpose of providing the service you have requested, whether it be for one of our services or otherwise;
- your personal information will not be passed on to other unrelated third parties without your consent; and
- your personal information is securely and accurately stored and accessible for your review.
Why does Song Hotels Sydney collect personal information and how is such information used?
Song Hotels Sydney will only collect personal information about you that we need to provide
our services or that you have provided For example, we collect personal information from
you in order to:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
Song Hotels Sydney will use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected except where you consent to us using the information for other purposes.
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, contact phone number, email address, date of birth, passport, transaction information, financial details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect is considered “sensitive information”. We will only collect and process sensitive information about you in accordance with, and to the extent permitted by, the Australian Privacy Principles (and any replacement or successor laws).
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you.There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Information collection on our website
Our payments page is hosted by a secure third party payment gateway, Online Payment Express. All responsible steps are taken to protect your security when using the site. Payments are processed through Online Payment Express utilising 128-bit SSL encryption to protect the transfer of personal and financial information between your browser and our server and credit card details are NOT stored at any time. The only information collected and retained is the amount of the payment, transaction date, name and contact details as completed on the payment form.
How do we protect and store your information?
Song Hotels Sydney will endeavour to take all reasonable measures to securely store your personal information either in an electronic or physical form and to keep this information accurate, complete and up to date.
Your information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases that require passwords and logins. This protects your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Song Hotels Sydney.
All personal information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or that you ask us to delete is destroyed unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Will your information be disclosed to others?
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with services that you request. Song Hotels Sydney does not routinely disclose personal information. Song Hotels Sydney will not disclose any information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless:
- we are required to do so by law;
- we believe the disclosure is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, another client, any member of the public or Song Hotels Sydney;
- the disclosure is required in order to assess your application or to reply to a specific request that you might have;
- the assets and operations of the business of Song Hotels Sydney are transferred to another party as a going concern;
- the disclosure is required for training or research purposes;
- the disclosure is required for compassionate reasons; or
- the disclosure is required for law enforcement or investigation purposes.
In all of the above circumstances, Song Hotels Sydney will only disclose your personal information in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
How do you request access to the personal information YWCA Australia holds about you?
At any time, you can request access to the personal information we have about you by writing, faxing or e-mailing us directly at the contact details below. We will give you access to the personal information we hold about you as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request.
If at any time you wish us to change your personal information that we hold on record as it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at the contact details below.
Information & promotional emails:
We may contact you at the email or other address which you provide to us in order to provide you with updated information about our services.
If you are receiving promotional information about Song Hotels Sydney and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our distribution list either by e-mailing us at [email protected] or contacting us at the contact details below and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
Song Hotels Sydney is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any site that is linked to this website. Your activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies of those sites.